The Caramels for Comments badge is back! Click here to see who has earned it so far!

Application Questions on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

What type of questions do you include on your grant or scholarship applications to be compliant with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)?

Do you also do Bias training for evaluators?

Tagged:
PeterPfankuch

Comments

• KaraAdamsKaraAdams
    Voter Caramel Lover Dog Person Beer Expert
    admin
    edited June 17

I know DEI initiatives are a priority for a lot of organizations, and also help with monitoring the ability to reach all the demographics of a community that can benefit from funding. I wonder what types of questions others include as well, as well as if they've had any feedback on the types of questions included (or not included).

CynthiaYungMaryEllenStewart
  • Hi Cynthia!

I too would love to hear examples of other foundations that are collecting this data and how it's influencing decision making! I also wanted to provide this blog as a resource I wrote a few months ago - while it doesn't have as much practical context, it does have some resources for folks interested in this topic.

https://resources.foundant.com/blog/demographics-data-and-you-tools-to-inform-your-grantmaking

Hope this helps!

Best,

E.C.

KaraAdamsMaryEllenStewartannehossnerWendyVendel
  • Good question. I would love to see examples of DEI compliance questions. I remember seeing samples of anti-discrimination statements a few years ago -- maybe these might help too???

MaryEllenStewart