Looking for unique or favorite grant application questions...

DouglasGroveDouglasGrove Posts: 3
First Comment 5-Year Anniversary First Compass Anniversary Conversation Starter
edited December 2022 in Grants & Scholarships

Our LOIs and Applications are very similar from year to year. I am looking for some new questions that would help us learn more from the organizations. What questions would make the organizations stand out based on their potential answers? They could be very specific targeted questions or larger, big picture questions. And, Go!

Answers

• AaronSpevacekAaronSpevacek Posts: 25 ✭✭✭
    Name Dropper First Answer First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert
    edited September 2022

@DouglasGrove - I'm not sure if this would help organizations stand out, but I love questions that let applicants share their experience outside of the framework set up by the funder.

For example, you may need to have applicants categorize their work by the geography they serve or the problems they address. But rather than just ask them to categorize their work, give them the option of describing the place they work or the issues they are addressing in their own words.

• Thank you, Aaron. Great insight.

• DouglasGroveDouglasGrove Posts: 3
    First Comment 5-Year Anniversary First Compass Anniversary Conversation Starter

Yeah, I like that one. Thank you.

• I usually ask this question when we have our virtual site visit by Zoom but it could be a question on a written application. For the ED, "What are the top 3 things that keep you up at night? And why?"