Options

Community Indicator Reports

elianapritchettelianapritchett Posts: 13 ✭✭
Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes First Compass Anniversary
edited February 2022 in Fund Development

Hi all!

I received lots of good help and feedback on my last post, so I thought I'd post again.

We are looking in to conducting a community indicator report/needs assessment for our region. I know a lot of other foundations have engaged in this area, so I would love to hear any thoughts on best practices!

Any information on logistics, obstacles, or outcomes would be very helpful. I am curious if other organizations are doing their own reports or contracting with outside firms?

I appreciate your help! Thank you!

Eliana

Comments

• Options
    monikacollinsmonikacollins Posts: 3
    First Compass Anniversary
    edited March 2022

Outside of our Community Reports, we haven't put together a hard copy community indicator report, but we have put a Delaware County Health and Opportunity Equity Indicator on our website. It's an interactive map that helps layout things like education levels, obesity, asthma, with/without health insurance, etc in the county by zip codes. You can find our map here:

If you click on the orange button in the corner that says "new map", you can toggle between different indicators.

Hope this helps!

Monika

• Options

@monikacollins this is great, thank you!

• Options
    KateClavijoKateClavijo Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5-Year Anniversary CSuite 5 Likes

Hi Eliana,

During the pandemic The Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF) conducted a survey of nonprofits and asked a specific question about perceived needs in the community. It was a very useful data point at the time. We combined survey responses with in-depth interviews of community leaders to inform our grant priorities. I am interested in this thread and can provide our survey and interview questions if you would like. Kate

• Options
    edited April 2022

Hi @elianapritchett,

Excellent idea. I would love it if you would share your survey and interview questions.

Monika

• Options

@KateClavijo Thank you! This is such a great idea!

Best,

Eliana

• Options

Thank you@KateClavijo!