Award Events

DeirdreMcLoughlinDeirdreMcLoughlin Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. First Comment 5 Likes
edited November 2022 in Grants & Scholarships

I would like to know when you present scholarship awards to the students, at some sort of ceremony, do you mention the dollar value of the scholarship?

Tagged:

Comments

• LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022

We do not include the dollar amount in scholarship award presentations or publications. Occasionally, we are contacted by school counselors who compile a scholarship dollar amount total for their school. In that case, we share the amount, but ask the counselor to only use it for aggregate totals.

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

• DeirdreMcLoughlinDeirdreMcLoughlin Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

thank you for your comment. I do notice that Rotary Clubs and private or corporate donors do mention the amount at the presentation. Anyone else have any comments?

• LisaLyndeLisaLynde Posts: 3
    First Compass Anniversary Conversation Starter

We do not. Typically if a student or their parent wants to know the amount, they contact our office later.

Thank you for your comment. I see that most do not announce the amount. I will think on this some more.

• TomWickershamTomWickersham Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

@DeirdreMcLoughlin,

When we present scholarships at high school awards ceremonies, we do announce the award amount. This is, in part, because most other presenters are announcing their award amounts and because we have worked very hard to increase our average award size.

Good luck with your decision!

Tom

Yes and we are awarding a significant more than other presenters.

We shall continue to do it as we have been doing so unless I hear a reason not to do so.

Thank you for your comments.