Budgeting Software

TylerGreuelTylerGreuel Posts: 1
Regional Training Photogenic 10-Year Anniversary Conversation Starter
edited October 2020 in Finance & Operations

Hi all!

The foundation I work as an accountant for is looking for a fairly simple budgeting software to utilize. In past years we have used Excel to create all of our budgets but we found it to be cumbersome and overwhelming to make sure everything linked properly between individual and consolidated worksheets.

We are wondering, what budgeting software does your foundation use and if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• We use Quickbooks for our accounting software and it has a wonderful budget component.

Deirdre

• WendyVendelWendyVendel Posts: 12 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes

Thanks Deirdre. Do you by chance have any integration or routine reporting between Quickbooks and GLM?

Thanks!

Wendy

• DeirdreHamillDeirdreHamill Posts: 8
    First Compass Anniversary Groundbreaker
    edited October 2020

@WendyVendel -

We do not have any integration, the number of grants we give each year is approximately 20-25.

Deirdre

Director of Finance

Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation

• LauraKruseLauraKruse Posts: 6 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @TylerGreuel!

CSuite does offer a basic budgeting tool that is built into the software. Within our financial reporting there are built in reports that allow you to see budget to actual comparison as well. We have been talking about making some enhancements to that area of the software. If the budget functionality isn't currently meeting your needs I would love to hear that feedback so that we could work to make that part of the software better. If you would like to know about some of the changes we have coming for budgets, please let me know. - Laura

• ReneeHanshueReneeHanshue Posts: 1
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP)

HI, Tyler.

Are you asking in regards to your operating budget? We would like to find a tool to use as well! We use Excel spreadsheets and have the same frustrations you have listed. We use the spreadsheets to look at different budgeting scenarios, and once the budget is balanced we enter it in CSuite. I would be interested in solutions other foundations are using to prepare their operating budgets.

Renee Hanshue

Controller

Fremont Area Community Foundation

• JakeSchrantzJakeSchrantz Posts: 1
    First Compass Anniversary Photogenic Foundant Fund Accounting Certificate

Hi Tyler,

We are very new to CSuites (30 days now), but looking for intergraded budgeting software that can replace our separate Excel spreadsheet process. This relates to our administrative budget.

Jake Schrantz, Fiscal Officer

Chautauqua Region Comm Fdtn

• I'm very interested in what Foundant has in mind for budgeting workflow improvements, too. We're looking closely at Centage right now and it's pretty impressive, both for budgeting and for reporting out of CSuite in a way that doesn't require figuring out the custom reports interface, which my staff finds very daunting.

Chris Hayashida-Knight

VP Admin & Finance

North Valley Community Foundation

Chris Hayashida-Knight // Vice President, Administration and Finance

North Valley Community Foundation, Chico, CA 95928

(530) 891-1150 Ext. 260 | chknight@nvcf.org | nvcf.org

• JulieWrightJulieWright Posts: 27 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

This is a great conversation. We use GLM for grant making and our company's accounting software is PeopleSoft. Anyone who has any interfaces with that system would be my new best friend! :-)