Categorizing Grants

PhillipTranPhillipTran Posts: 3
First Comment Name Dropper Conversation Starter
edited June 18 in Grants & Scholarships

I'm trying to figure out an effective method to tag grants within my various processes (both ongoing and past) so that I can categorize them based off of the social issues targeted.

One idea I have is using the reporting feature to filter out certain grants but I wonder if I can achieve a tagging outside of this feature

I would greatly appreciate any input! 🙌

Comments

• GrettaKrausGrettaKraus Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes Second Compass Anniversary Caramels for Comments 10 Comments

Hi @PhillipTran!

Be sure to submit your suggestion to ldeaLab so our product owners and engineers see it and can consider it! Here is the How-To link!

• PhillipTranPhillipTran Posts: 3

Hey @GrettaKraus!

I was wondering if there are any other ways to do this given what Foundant already has in its implementation. What we have so far is that in our application, we ask grantees to specify the category for which they are applying for so that we can organize them in reporting.

Our issue is with past grants that are uncategorized in Foundant. Is it a good idea to edit the application form of those grants to include the category prompt to then manually update the request? Is this effective or could we use a different approach?

Thank you! 🤩

• SkyeWeberSkyeWeber Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2022 Third Compass Anniversary Caramels for Comments Photogenic

@PhillipTran I am not sure exactly what process you guys are using.. Maybe a quick call with one of the success teammates would be warranted here. They could walk you through the best approach for what you are trying to accomplish. I am thinking you could use custom fields on grants, that you can filter and set in bulk to grant records, or even grant types. Maybe even a profile type if all the grants for a particular grantee are classified in the same manner. If you want to reach out to success@foundant.com, I bet they can give you some options to work within the system.

Skye Weber, POPM (she/her/hers)| Product Owner-CommunitySuite | skye.weber@foundant.com

Remote Location: Enid, OK | Direct: 406.922.5140 | www.foundant.com|

• PhillipTranPhillipTran Posts: 3

Hey @SkyeWeber!

Do you have an article that guides me to what you're suggesting? I want to try it out!

Thanks!