Options

Scholarship Thank You

LoriLaliberteRossLoriLaliberteRoss Posts: 5
First Compass Anniversary First Comment Conversation Starter
edited June 10 in Grants & Scholarships

We require the students to write their "thank you to the donors" on the follow-up form when they claim their scholarship. If they received more than one scholarship, they write one thank you. I attach the letter and email it to the donors/fund advisors. I'm curious on how others handle thank you letters. This is our second year with this procedure. We had one complaint this year as they felt it was not personal enough and because it was emailed. I believe this works quite well, we are not chasing down thank you notes/letters from students and holding up scholarship payments. I would love any feedback! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DavetteSwineyDavetteSwiney Posts: 20 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

We do the same, but also offer the option to students to send a handwritten note and a few do each year.

We have a few who never complete the thank-you. I'm curious if others encounter that, and if so, do you still pay out the scholarship?

• Options
    LoriLaliberteRossLoriLaliberteRoss Posts: 5
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Conversation Starter

The students have to "claim their scholarship" by providing the school and ID on the follow up form. The thank you is required on that form to submit. I still do have to remind some students to claim by our deadline of July 1st. I'm not just chasing down a thank you… If they do not complete the follow up form, the scholarship is not paid.