Options

Grant Acceptance Forms & Best Practices

MadiSyringMadiSyring Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
CSuite Regional Training 5 Likes First Comment
edited November 2023 in Grants & Scholarships

Hi All,

I am reaching out for your best practices when it comes to signing grant acceptance forms. Currently, our Foundation has a grant acceptance form built out in GLM that is assigned as a follow-up form. Below are the questions that we ask regarding authorization to sign/accept.

Most often, we find that the person who is writing the grant tends to be program staff or a grant writer and not someone who is allowed to enter into contracts for the organization. That is why we have this workflow if you will.

I would love to hear how your Foundation manages this process! Thanks 😊

Questions:

Authorized Consent*

Have your informed your President, Executive Director or Principal of the grant program/project and received their authorization to accept the grant award?

No

Yes, I am the authorized person

Yes, the authorized person has given consent

Authorized Person*

Name and Title of Authorized Person:

Acceptance*

I acknowledge that the appropriate personnel, including the executor of this grant, have read and understand the terms and conditions of this grant. I further accept and will comply with those terms and conditions.

Yes

No

Signature

Date

Comments

• Options
    AnitaForesterAnitaForester Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. Photogenic

Our Foundation uses a similar verbiage following the contract. I like your wording better, especially the first question and might start using this too---"Have you informed..."

Anita Forester, Grant Programs Administrator

Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida

https://wildlifeflorida.org/

• Options
    LaceyMatneyLaceyMatney Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Answer First Comment Photogenic

We promote the Collaborate feature and provide a link to its instructions. It is our hope this empowers the Assignee to add a Collaborator/co-worker to complete the form(s) if they are not the right contact.

Just curious about your workflow: I'm guessing your Grant Agreements are not Follow Up Forms in Foundant?

• Options
    KathyMorrisKathyMorris Posts: 3 ✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. Photogenic

Thank you for sharing this! I also like your first question.