Hi Foundant community! From lockdown in Costa Rica (yes, for real)

Hi all!

Thanks to Foundant for hosting great conversations on philanthropy and for providing a space for resource exchange.

I currently consult to a few different scholarship-focused organizations (Thurgood Marshall College Fund, a national scholarship provider based out of Washington, DC, and National Scholarship Providers Association, the industry association for scholarship providers from the US and Canada). I've been in the field for, gosh, almost 10 years now, and am very passionate about supporting students in getting to and through college.

Right now I'm doing so from Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, a teeny-tiny beach town with great surf. I traveled here in January, after putting my Seattle-based life into storage with the intent to travel and work remotely for a few years. I decided to stay here during the pandemic, which I'm glad of, since there aren't any cases within at least a few hours of here and Costa Rica is definitely flattening the curve (yes!!!).

Grateful to the fine folks at Foundant for helping to support this community, especially during this crisis time!

Erika Orsulak

Comments

• TracyLarimerTracyLarimer Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020

It is so nice to see you here @ErikaOrsulak aOrsulak and to hear about the great work you are doing! 😊

Tracy Larimer | Foundant| Bozeman, MT | she / her / hers |

• Hi @ErikaOrsulak, and welcome to Compass! I visited Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica back in 2016. The food and wildlife were my favorite parts of the trip...I can see why you wouldn't mind staying there!

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• KatelynCowanKatelynCowan Posts: 1

I'm in Costa Rica too! Originally from California, but now I'm in Playa Potrero just a few hours north of you in Guanacaste. How cool!

• TomWickershamTomWickersham Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

Recently made some gallo pinto here in Iowa. Stay safe and enjoy la comida!

• AnnKvachAnnKvach Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    First Comment Summit 2024 Beer Expert First Compass Anniversary

Love Costa Rica and Seattle!

• MarkHenryMarkHenry Posts: 3
    Accredited Estate Planner

Erika:

As a landlocked former big wave surfer, I am green with envy over your being locked down in Costa Rica!