Options

Out of Country Scholarships

YaniOrtizSuarezYaniOrtizSuarez Posts: 7 ✭✭
Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment First Compass Anniversary
edited April 2023 in Grants & Scholarships

Hello!

Does your Foundation have a policy for scholarships when the University is out of the country? For example, a US student, that meets all of the requirements of the scholarship, but the University they are planning to attend is located in a different country. (Note: This is not a Study Abroad program).

How do you handle this type of situation? Does your Foundation have a policy? If so, would you kindly share the skeleton of the policy and what items you include in it? Do you check the school is accredited in the US? If so, also how? Is there anything else you'd like to share that is important to note on this topic?

I appreciate your insight.

Yani Ortiz, Grants & Scholarships, The Montgomery County Foundation, Inc.

Yani Ortiz

Director of Grants and Scholarships

The Montgomery County Foundation, Inc.

Answers

• Options
    edited April 2023

Hi @YaniOrtizSuarez! There are currently only a few discussions about international scholarships...thank you for starting another! Sharing the #international discussions here for you too, in case any are helpful!

Kara

Community Manager

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• Options

@KaraAdams Thank you. I am still looking for any insight peers would like to share on the topic.

Yani Ortiz

• Options
    AlyssaHazzardAlyssaHazzard Posts: 6 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2023

@YaniOrtizSuarez Which country is the university in?

• Options

@AlyssaHazzard We had a student inquire about Australia. However, the goal would be to make a general internal policy for due diligence for any country. I am open to any feedback you are willing to share.

Yani Ortiz

• Options
    LisaBoxWilliamsLisaBoxWilliams Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes First Comment

Yani,

How is the international scholarship process going? I have learned more about our international students and am happy to share.

Lisa@goldringfoundation.com

504-849-6078

• Options

@LisaBoxWilliams Hi Lisa, it was decided to pause the research on an international scholarship program at the moment. I've documented all resources you shared and minutes to use that when it's time to resume the process. Your input was very valuable.

Yani Ortiz