Please share your current grantmaking strategies - competitive and discretionary!
Hi! We would like to hear more about what other folks are doing currently with their discretionary grantmaking funds (FOI & unrestricted) this coming year:
1. Grant area priority areas, e.g. disaster response, human services, childcare, arts & culture, environment, education, affordable housing, etc.
2. Purpose of grants, e.g. operations, staffing, program, reserves, other?
3. Method of grantmaking – e.g. discretionary, competitive application, combo?
4. Your grant funding pool amount for 2022-23?
5. Average grant size
7. Reporting requirements & timing?
8. Would you mind sharing a sample of your current competitive grant application? Do you use the CS Grants Catalog and if so, can you share your experience with using it and its value to your process?
Thank you so very much for sharing!! I hope this will be helpful to everyone. :)
Gifts & Grants Administrator
Whatcom Community Foundation
Thank you so much @KatieBerkedal !! Sorry for my late response - just back from a little time off. I will share your information with our grantmaking team!