Options

Geographic Region

ChaneyComanChaneyComan Posts: 10 ✭✭
First Compass Anniversary First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2021 in Grants & Scholarships

Hi there -

I'm wondering how others collect geographic region information in their applications. We offer grants across the entire state of Oregon. In our current application, we allow applicants to check boxes for each region in which their project will take place, but that makes it difficult to break down and measure impact by region, as some applicants select 5+ regions.

I read in a different thread the idea of using a drop down question where applicants indicate the primary region in which work will take place, with an additional question that allows them to check boxes.

But wondering how others are measuring this? Has anyone cracked the code that limits burden on both sides of the application?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AnitaForesterAnitaForester Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. Photogenic

This is a great question, but I haven't figured out a good way to solve this problem yet!

Anita Forester, Grant Programs Administrator

Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida

https://wildlifeflorida.org/

• Options
    HeidiFindlayHeidiFindlay Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic First Compass Anniversary 5 Agrees

Hi -

Our approval process collects the region where the work is completed, but the grant application itself will have to spell out where the work will take place - and be reportable. I'm reading your question as "how do I collect info on the work in each region," is that correct? Could your grant reporting request info on each region? If the grant application requires they specify regions, maybe you have a question (or more) that flags goals or expected outcomes, and you ask for them to write those by the regions.

Heidi