Moving recurring donations to CSuite/Stripe

One of our community foundations recently went live in Community Suite and is in the process of transferring all of their community funds from their current payment processor to Stripe. One fund in particular has a large amount of recurring donations in the legacy credit card system and the advisors are reticent to make a the change to Stripe, as it would require donors to set up their recurring donations in the new system. They are concerned that they will lose donors as part of this process.

Have any other community foundations encountered a similar pushback from fund advisors? If so, how did you handle it?

Comments

• StaceyRivardStaceyRivard Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes First Compass Anniversary U.S.A.
    edited June 2021

Hi @coreygetchell, Did you ever make the switch over? I have a handful of donors we need to set up that way as well. I am hoping to frame it so they may increase automatic their donation rather than drop it completely.

• coreygetchellcoreygetchell Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert Photogenic Summit 2022

Hi @StaceyRivard I was asking this on behalf of one of my clients. They have not made the switch over to my knowledge but are starting with a smaller contingent of funds so that they are more knowledgeable when having future conversations. Lots of change so far, so they have decided to take it in smaller chunks.