Board Management Software?

SaraChiabaiSaraChiabai Posts: 10 ✭✭
First Comment First Compass Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
edited April 2021 in Governance & Boards

Is anyone currently using (or been looking into) a Board Management software? We are looking to streamline all of our communication and do what we can to make things as engaging, fun and easy as possible (i.e. checklist/personal dashboard) for our Board.

Comments

• Hi @SaraChiabai - You may be interested in this recent discussion about Board Management Portals!

Kara

Community Manager

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• RhondaThomsonRhondaThomson Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Combo Breaker First Answer 5-Year Anniversary

Hi Sara. We use Board Effect. It is specific to non-profits and is more affordable than some out there. I have used it since 2018 and really love it for my board packages as well as the library for content for our board members. Their support and service is exceptional!

• SaraChiabaiSaraChiabai Posts: 10 ✭✭
    First Comment First Compass Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes

Thank you @RhondaReichert -- I really appreciate this!!!!

• KentWeimerKentWeimer Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Comment First Answer

@SaraChiabai

A board I have served on uses OnBoard. We love it!

• JulieWrightJulieWright Posts: 27 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@SaraChiabai , @RhondaReichert ,

We also use Board Effect, but really haven't gotten into all its features. it can do some really neat stuff.

We're sometimes lucky if our members even log in the day of the meeting!

Any tips on integrating the GLM with Board Effect for application evaluation? I'm thinking of moving our evaluation process to BE (our boards complained about having too many platforms in which they must log in --totally get that...) and then having our grant managers transfer that to a very simplified eval form in GLM....

Here's what I'm thinking right now (any suggestions would be much appreciated):

1. Use the discussion area in BE to post each application (as a separate topic). The question would be the "Quick Pitch" text from the application, with the entire application posted as an attachment.
    2. Then copy my current GLM Eval form into BE's survey tool (haven't quite figured out how to do multiple surveys--just haven't thought that far yet).
    3. Once our evaluation committee does the first round of evals and makes recommendations to the entire board, the board can complete the survey tool(s).
    4. the grant manager for that board (we have regional councils--its interesting :-) ) will take the scores from BE and plug them into a new eval form in GLM (basically a roster with a scale for each member listed--or something similar)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions!

• RhondaThomsonRhondaThomson Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Combo Breaker First Answer 5-Year Anniversary

Hi Julie. I don't have any tips on integrating. Our whole board does not deliberate on our applications as we have a granting committee. I quite like the GLM and it's too bad they won't get on "board" with you totally! The side by side evaluation works well for our committee members so far; however, we had GLM before Board Effect and they have rolled with all the changes in the past few years.

Best of luck. I love both of these software's and they make my life so much easier!