What software products are people using to print 1099s for your vendors?

Recommendations?

Best Answers

• MinalPatelMinalPatel Posts: 21 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Answer ✓

@NeilDiBernardo e-filing and also for printing. E-files is .99c and print and mail is $1.99. They charge minimum $24.95. They do all 1099 and 1096. They have templet that you can use for both 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC or you can enter data manually.

You can download the software for free and do test drive as well before filing.

Thanks,

• NeilDiBernardoNeilDiBernardo Posts: 9
    Conversation Starter
    Answer ✓

Thanks!

• DeirdreHamillDeirdreHamill Posts: 8
    First Compass Anniversary Groundbreaker
    Answer ✓

We use quickBooks online for our accounting software and they have a 1099 filing service with Intuit. It handled all the new requirements for the 1099NEC and I received confirmation from the IRS that filing was accepted.Couldn't be any easier.

Best,

Deirdre Hamill

Director of Finance

The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation

120 West 45th Street

New York, NY. 10036

• AmySaxeEylerAmySaxeEyler Posts: 2
    Photogenic
    Answer ✓

We use yearli.com, which offers electronic filing and printing (and it saves your information year over year).

Amy Saxe-Eyler

Finance and Communications Manager

San Juan Island Community Foundation

Answers

edited January 2021

@NeilDiBernardo We are going to be using Aatrix this year. https://www.aatrix.com

Conversation Starter
    edited January 2021

@MInalPatel, is this just for e-filing or also for printing for vendors?

~Neil

Answer ✓

@NeilDiBernardo e-filing and also for printing. E-files is .99c and print and mail is $1.99. They charge minimum $24.95. They do all 1099 and 1096. They have templet that you can use for both 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC or you can enter data manually.

You can download the software for free and do test drive as well before filing.

Thanks,

Conversation Starter
    Answer ✓

Thanks!

• DeirdreHamillDeirdreHamill Posts: 8
    First Compass Anniversary Groundbreaker
    Answer ✓

We use quickBooks online for our accounting software and they have a 1099 filing service with Intuit. It handled all the new requirements for the 1099NEC and I received confirmation from the IRS that filing was accepted.Couldn't be any easier.

Best,

Deirdre Hamill

Director of Finance

The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation

120 West 45th Street

New York, NY. 10036

• Thanks!

• AmySaxeEylerAmySaxeEyler Posts: 2
    Photogenic
    Answer ✓

We use yearli.com, which offers electronic filing and printing (and it saves your information year over year).

Amy Saxe-Eyler

Finance and Communications Manager

San Juan Island Community Foundation

• Thank you!

Conversation Starter
    edited January 2021

@MInalPatel, I downloaded aatrix and ran a draft set, but I'm concerned about finishing the process. It seems like it will want to e-file and print all at the same time, and isn't the IRS filing not due till the end of February? We always send vendors their 1099s now and wait the extra month to file with the IRS in case they have any issues with what we've sent them.

~Neil

@NeilDiBernardo they will give you option for the date just before you finish. You can pick date that you want to mail to vendors and date when you want to file to IRS. There are 2 different date options.

@NeilDiBernardo also I think today is the last day to pick tomorrow 29 Jan. for vendor mailing. After that they will charge you more to last day mailing.

• Can't I print them and mail them to the vendors myself?

For Aatrix no they will print and mail or efile.

You can create a templet, print and mail yourself. That's what I did last year since Csuite does not have option to print 1099. It took long time to set up templet that's why this year we decide to use Aatrix.

• You created your own template? That's more my style! LOL! Any change you'd care to share it?

~Neil

My templets won't work because the forms have change this year otherwise I would have share. One of the reason we decide to use outside service. You can create Excel templet.

• Ah, of course. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

~Neil