Options

Hello From Sunny Dallas Texas

KentWeimerKentWeimer Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Comment First Answer

Hello y'all,

Thanks to Foundant for creating this community to encourage dialogue and inquiry. Thanks to @KaraAdams for inviting me to join.

I'm the director of trusts estate and gift planning for Parkland Foundation. We are the charitable arm of Parkland Health and Hospital system, which is a large community hospital system serving the residents of Dallas County. We're the hospital where President Kennedy died. One outcome of that tragic event is we that created a world renowned trauma center. We are also at the forefront of the fight against the current pandemic. We have three drive up testing locations, have created a separate ICU to care for COVID-19 patients, and are doing clinical trials on three separate treatment protocols. I'm always proud to serve Parkland, but am so especially now.

I'm also both proud and humbled to say that I'm the board chair of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.

I can see that checking out posts on here will be a nice diversion while social distancing.

Cheers!

Kent

Comments

• Options

Nice to see you here @KentWeimer! I'm looking forward to all the great experiences and examples you'll share (and have already shared!) with our Compass community!

With your current role as Chair of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners and considerable experience as a board member in various capacities, I'd be interested to hear if you have any advice for effectively working with a Board. We have a best practice group for that here if you feel like sharing tips, whether now or at the end of your term!

Kara

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• Options
    KentWeimerKentWeimer Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Comment First Answer

I will gladly do so @KaraAdams . Just not today - it's a busy day 😁