Options

Merged fields in TY letters

KellySiefkinKellySiefkin Posts: 3
First Comment Conversation Starter
edited February 29 in Fund Development

Hi!

We are retooling our TY letters for the new year. We currently used merged fields such as name, address, donation amount, fund name, date, check #, etc. We would love to be able to merge the fund purpose (current CSuite field) into the TY letter as well. Is that a possibility? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly Siefkin

Sacramento Region Community Foundation

Comments

• Options
    BryanGearyBryanGeary Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Summit 2022

It depends on which field you are using for purpose but it should be available. I usually see purpose either in fund summary (use {{fund_summary}} for that one) or as a custom field which would be something like {{cf_fund.purpose}} where purpose is the import code on your custom field. If you are using the internal description field or the new fund detail summary for the portal, those fields are not available on the tax receipt/thank you template.

• Options

Thank you, we'll check it out!

• Options
    MaryEllenCenzalliMaryEllenCenzalli Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary First Comment Summit 2024

Hi Kelly,

We migrated fund the short fund purpose into to the fund summary field, but we added a custom field for further explanation. All our templates are based on the fund and the payment type for the header.

I have a generic fund template that pulls in the custom field as part of the acknowledgement letters.

If you would like more details or a sample let me know.

Thanks,

Mary Ellen

• Options

Thank you Mary Ellen!

Would love to see a sample! Sharing information with the donor in their tax receipt about the fund purpose would be greatly appreciated!

my e-mail is kell@sacregcf.org if that's easier :)

Take care,

Kelly