For foundations that utilize separate general operating and program applications...

Looking for examples of operating and program grant applications and associated evaluations, and how they are presented via Foundant.

Thanks,

Kristin Broadbent, Three Arches Foundation

Answers

• Would anyone like to help @KristinBroadbent with examples of program grant applications and evaluations?

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• LoriPerkinsLoriPerkins Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment First Answer

Hi Kristen. I'm interested to see how other people respond.

We recently (within the past week) changed our LOI and applications to add branching questions to better serve gen op vs. program/project grants. I can't speak to how well it's working yet, but I'm happy to share our LOI and application. I'm open to any suggestions you might have! If it's not clear which questions and groups are branching, feel free to reach out, and we can chat.

A couple of notes -

~the "instruction" field that states, "The matching question below does NOT open another set of questions in the LOI. Instead, it is copied over to the application, where additional questions are asked." is Internal only, as are

all the fields that fall after the Thank You message.

~the impact questions that we ask in the Gen Op section used to be GuideStar questions that could be pulled in from the applicant's GuideStar profile. That's no longer the case, but we're going to keep using them for now.

We don't use the Evaluation feature of Foundant (unfortunately), so I don't have that to share.