A little MORE conversation around grants management!
**I really hope you are singing this title with that signature Elvis drawl.**
Hello! It was great seeing so many of you in Elvis's town last week at Summit 2022! As @AshleyHarper and I mentioned in our session, we are hoping to bring a little MORE conversation and a little more ACTION to grants management (we want to avoid the aggravation though).
Some topics we discussed during our session:
Reminders and how to get grantees to actually complete follow ups:
- Use reminder emails
- Can use branching in application to hide unless they say ‘yes, I have completed all requirements for previous awards’
- Hiding processes behind access codes that are only given if the follow up is completed
What to collect/how to collect financial documentation from nonprofits:
- Think about what you will use this information for – only ask for what you absolutely need
- Take a look at publicly available information (990’s, Guidestar, etc)
- Give organizations some options for what they can provide (audited financials, postcard, income/expense sheet)
Let's keep the conversation going! Give us a little insight into the challenges your foundations are seeing with streamlining and updating your grantmaking processes.