Peer Learning: Grant Committees
- What is the structure of your evaluating body – do you have one core committee or multiple committees (fund, sector, or program dependent, for example)?
- What steps has your organization taken to diversify committees and to incorporate participatory grantmaking? How are community members considered for your committee (application process, word-of-mouth, staff-driven, etc)?
- Is your organization utilizing content experts for proposal evaluations? If so, are they part of your core decision making body or used as advisors?
- Would anyone be willing to share sample committee materials, such as training documents?
- Finally, how do you show appreciation to your committee in cases where they are participating on a volunteer basis?