Consultant Knowledge Sharing

MikaylaComesMikaylaComes Posts: 15 ✭✭✭
Regional Training Name Dropper First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes

Creating this discussion to supplement @Mandypearce's consultant webinar! Share a bit about you, ask questions, etc.

Comments

• StaceyBrownStaceyBrown Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi all! I am an HR Consultant partnering with various nonprofits throughout New England (and sometimes beyond).

For those who were on the webinar today, I was the one who posted the question about subcontracting. I am ready to start subcontracting to a trusted colleague and am curious to hear others' experiences and advice. I'm still trying to figure out all the pieces and considerations.

I look forward to hearing from others and would love to offer any support I can.

• MandypearceMandypearce Posts: 4
    5 Likes First Comment First Compass Anniversary National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP)
    edited May 2023

@StaceyBrown There are all kinds of great conversations to be had around adding staff (in any form). Subcontracting can be a great way to grow your team. Having a clear contract that highlights your must haves, deliverables, nature of the relationship, payment agreements, etc. is vital. It can be very hard to work with friends, so having clearn communication norms for the business is important. Marie (my best friend and lead consultant) and I have had 20 years to cultivate our working relationship. We have also learned a lot over the years. Happy to join the conversation.