Desktop Scanner

DeannaRodenbeckDeannaRodenbeck Posts: 2 ✭✭
First Comment Photogenic 5-Year Anniversary First Compass Anniversary

Planning to purchase a desktop scanner. Wanting it to auto feed multiple-sized paper and receipts also wanting double sided scans. What brand and model have you found that works the best for your office?

Comments

• BryanGearyBryanGeary Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Summit 2022

I use an Epson WF-7720 Multi-function printer/scanner. It's a bit large, but it has worked really well. Good speed and does duplexing. Can scan across my network and deliver to my laptop wirelessly. It does do the auto feed well for regular sized paper, haven't tried it with receipts so I can't speak to that, but everything else it does well.

• MeghanWarrickMeghanWarrick Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes Photogenic First Compass Anniversary Certified Public Accountant

Great question Deanna. I am considering buying the same thing for my WFH setup.

• FYI, it may not be the best option, but I have a free app on my iPhone called Tiny Scanner, where I can create pdfs from photos. It's very useful, at least for traditionally-sized documents! This can be a really helpful (free) tool for scholarship and grant applicants, too.

• We really like our scansnap ix500's. Much better scans than our Toshiba copier and much more convenient and versatile.

• JoannFarnhamJoannFarnham Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment U.S.A. Photogenic

We use scansnap also and they are great for your desk.

• CarolReynoldsCarolReynolds Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

We use Scansnap as well and have been quite happy with them.

• RobbinMoserRobbinMoser Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Compass Anniversary

We use a Scansnap and it works quite well for our needs. Fits on the desk nicely and does a great job with everything so far!

• KarenWolfKarenWolf Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 5-Year Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes

Before I started at my foundation, they purchased the Fujitsu FI-7160 Scanner and we have used it ever since. It is a compact scanner and works very well. It is the same type of scanner doctors office use when they check-in and need to scan insurance cards. It allows one or both side scanning and you can set a default location to save the scan. You can also type in the name for the scan before you proceed with scanning.

Karen Wolf

Operations Coordinator

Email karen@cfcwi.org

Web www.cfcwi.org

Facebook www.facebook.com/cfcwi