Options

Hurricane Ian

CameronWoodCameronWood Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

With Hurricane Ian approaching Florida, I wanted to take some time to wish everyone well and to be safe for those that are in the path of this storm. I am a weather nerd who's been following this since day 1 and this is no storm to take lightly. Here in Orlando we are expecting 8-10" of rain, maybe even more in some areas, especially if the storm continues to move south. Please be safe all and we will see you on the other side of the storm 😊🌩️🌀☔️

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022

@CameronWood I was just texting with a friend who has packed up her family and is on the road from Tampa to Orlando to wait it out. Stay safe, and dry, out there!

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• Options
    AshleyRuizAshleyRuiz Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic Foundant Team Member
    edited September 2022

Hi Cameron!

Thanks for the well wishes! Definitely hurricanes tend to be under-estimated. I always caution people to not leave their house or apartment, unless the county releases an evacuation or all clear message. Staying safe is the number one priority!

• Options
    CameronWoodCameronWood Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2022

Thanks so much, @KaraAdams! It was quite the event and most of last week was spent cleaning up and getting things back in order. Thankful we did not experience damage like the Coast did, but it was still quite significant in Central FL as areas saw upwards of 16" of rain...our community received 16.69" in just 24 hours! Attached is a picture of Rouse Rd in Orlando, just a few miles from the University of Central Florida. Now that the water has receded the road has washed away and will be months before it's open again.

@AshleyRuiz, I hope you made it through the storm okay as well! Please let us know 😊

• Options

@CameronWood Flooding can be so devastating. I'm glad you're safe, and hope you find patience during the rebuilding process!

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|