Options

Training for Volunteers conducting Site Visits/Grant Interviews/Grant Review

ClaireOateyClaireOatey Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment First Compass Anniversary CSuite
edited October 2022 in Grants & Scholarships

Hello everyone!

I am hoping to hear from anyone who provides a training or orientation for volunteers (whether they are Board Members, Grants Committee members, or community volunteers) who conduct Site Visits / Grant Interviews / Grant Reviews for grant applications. We are hoping to put together a training that addresses the inherent power dynamic between grantor/grantee, approaching questions from a place of trust and respect for the applicant’s expertise, as well as sensitivity training, and anything else you feel is important to prepare volunteers for the grant review process.

If you’re willing to share tips, training agendas, training videos, or any other resources, I would be super grateful!

Comments

• Options
    CameronWoodCameronWood Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Really intriguing discussion and one I would like to follow. Hoping this thread gets some good responses. I am currently looking into developing training for our Board and staff who participate in the review and decision-making process. I am testing out Talent LMS to see how we can utilize an online platform to build out learning modules for the Board and staff to complete at their own pace. Just figuring out the "how" at this point - essentially what will be the most effective mode of learning that will improve the overall grant process and knowledge/skills of our Board and staff.

• Options

@CameronWood I have a lot of LMS experience from my life before Foundant if you ever want to chat!

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• Options
    edited August 2022

That is so amazing, @KaraAdams! I will definitely take you up on that when we start building that out...which will be when we make our transition to Foundant at the end of the year. I am currently playing in the sandbox today and having lots of fun! Thank you so much :D Happy Friday and hoping you have an awesome weekend!

• Options
    ClaireOateyClaireOatey Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment First Compass Anniversary CSuite

Thank you @CameronWood and @KaraAdams for keeping the conversation going! @CameronWood as you start building out your training, I'd love to connect and share resources. Do you have an outline yet of what you hope to cover in your modules?

• Options

I don't quite have the outline prepared yet, @ClaireOatey. We use WizeHive currently, but I have been working in the Foundant Sandbox and this will help me to build out those outlines since my hope is we will move to Foundant and need training around using their platform now. When I get this ball rolling I would love to connect and share ideas and resources. Feel free to email me at wood@ustaflorida.com. Have a great day!