Congratulations Letter/email

Anyone care to share their congratulations letter? I'm looking for some not just basic ways to say what we have to say.

Also, when you award a scholarship, do you send an email or paper letter? We're first timers using SLM this year.

Thanks all,

Marsha

Comments

• LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022
    edited May 2022

Hi @MarshaStrauss!

I'm knee-deep in scholarship award letters right now and happy to share a sample! This one is for one of our one-time awards.

We continue to print these on letterhead and provide to the student along with an award certificate. These are hand-delivered at senior award ceremonies or mailed to those students whose schools do not host award events.

I use the mail-merge feature in SLM to populate the student name and address. But as far as I know, with the Universal Application, we can't pull in fields like Process Name or Award Amount; so I have individual templates for each scholarship that include the specific details of each award.

Hope this is helpful!

Laurie

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

• KellyMartinkaKellyMartinka Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary 5-Year Anniversary U.S.A.

Here is ours! We utilize the follow-up form within Foundant starting in December to collect the data we need to payout the students award. That form also includes another opportunity for a student to submit a thank you note to the scholarship committee or donor.

Thanks,

Kelly Martinka

Northwest Minnesota Foundation

• LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022

@KellyMartinka , I love that you include thank you note-writing tips!

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

• LoriMelbyLoriMelby Posts: 3
    Summit 2024

I agree with @LaurieAbildso. That is a great feature added to your letter @KellyMartinka.

• SaeedaWrightSaeedaWright Posts: 1
    First Compass Anniversary Summit 2022 10-Year Anniversary

Thanks for all the examples provided. I will be editing my awards letters asap! Lots of great points like the "taxable income". I never thought to include that tidbit.