Options

Grant guidelines and decision making framework for granting ARPA funds

TanyaAndreasenTanyaAndreasen Posts: 2
5-Year Anniversary 5 Likes Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) Conversation Starter
edited January 2022 in Crisis Response

Our organization is partnering with our county to support their grantmaking efforts for APRA (American Rescue Plan Act) funding for nonprofits. They would like to grant us $500,000 to then create a Nonprofit Economic Recovery fund. We will provide unrestricted funding to our local nonprofit organizations from this fund to support organizational resiliency and recovery. As we know other organizations have already engaged in this type of grantmaking, we were wondering if anyone has examples of the following they'd be willing to share...and lessons learned if you have any!

- Sample application questions

- Decision-making matrix for evaluating the grant applications for our committee

- Reporting framework 

Comments

• Options
    TanyaAndreasenTanyaAndreasen Posts: 2
    5-Year Anniversary 5 Likes Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) Conversation Starter
    edited January 2022

Thank you, @KatieOttinger! Much appreciated. I'll reach out directly if we have further questions.

• Options
    LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022

@KatieOttinger, we have been approached by our County Commissioners to oversee the administration of their annual grant program. We are putting together a proposal outlining what we are able to provide, and it will be very similar to your arrangement with your county's administration of ARPA funds. I am wondering if you would be willing to share the details of your arrangement, including how your community foundation is compensated. Do you charge a flat fee or a percentage of dollars awarded? Some other arrangement? If you have any lessons learned you would be willing to share, that would also be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Laurie

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

• Options
    KatieOttingerKatieOttinger Posts: 3 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Regional Training Photogenic Beer Expert

@LaurieAbildso Happy to share! Here is the language from our MOU around the fee structure: "In consideration of the services provided, the Board of Commissioners (BOC) will pay HCCF an administration fee equal to 2% of all Grant Funds distributed, but not less than a minimum annual fee of $20,000 in each of 2022, 2023, and 2024. The fee will be paid quarterly and invoiced to the BOC by HCCF."

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Katie

• Options
    LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022

Thank you, @KatieOttinger! Much appreciated. If you would be willing to share the MOU template, I'd love to see it. You may email it to me at laurie@ycfwv.org. Thanks again!

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.