Hello from Central Kansas

CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

Hey everyone!

Like the majority of humans across the globe, I am working from home...My current "office" is an upstairs porch that is literally 4'x6', but has windows on 2 sides, which allows me to feel like I'm in a treehouse. I do very much enjoy watching the birds and seeing the squirrels jump from limb to limb and to the roof of my house and back. :)

I work at our local community foundation, which serves the entire county (of about 30,000). So we are small, but MIGHTY. I am in my 8th year with the foundation, and it is honestly the best job ever! In my past, I worked for a variety of non-profits, including churches, schools and social service entities. I work in GLM daily and CSuite at least weekly and we transitioned to these platforms about 3 years ago and have not looked back and never for a minute regretted doing so!

My husband and I have been married 17 years and we have a 14 year old kid, 1 dog and 2 cats. Our favorite past-times include travel and home improvement projects. Travel is (of course) on hold, so we have put a lot of our efforts into re-wiring, re-lighting, insulating our shop. Prior to our work, it was just a metal box without any temp control. We hope to be able to use this space year round after we're done!

Nice to meet all of you and I look forward to sharing ideas and work so we don't have to reinvent ways and processes to serve our communities.

Tagged:

Comments

• DanaBerggrenDanaBerggren Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    Name Dropper First Compass Anniversary First Comment First Answer

Celeste, I'm looking forward to being able to visit you in McPherson on one of our many trips my family makes to Kansas each year...once things get back (or close) to normal, of course!

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

Me too @DanaBerggren

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Summit 2022

I fell in love with McPherson. Big trees, wide streets, and beautiful unique homes like Celeste's!