Podcasts on Philanthropy

DonnaZieglerDonnaZiegler Posts: 3
Canada Conversation Starter
edited January 2022 in Just For Fun

Hi there, looking for podcasts on philanthropy - especially those that include community foundations. Last week I listened to a podcast about the brain and how people think about philanthropy. In that discussion was an explanation of the different kinds of ways to give and different organizations: private, public etc.

I cannot find it anymore. So I am looking to others to help me.

Comments

• DonnaZieglerDonnaZiegler Posts: 3
    Canada Conversation Starter

The ones I have are

Sweet Charity

The Well Endowed

No Little Plans

BeCause Radio

Edge & Main Podcast

The philanthropy podcast

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

Is there a way to "follow" this post?

• AndrewChapmanAndrewChapman Posts: 5
    Photogenic Beer Expert Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)

Awesome thread! Going to give a lot of these a listen!!

• DarenNordhagenDarenNordhagen Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Beer Expert Photogenic First Compass Anniversary Summit 2022

Hi Donna. Thanks for raising awareness of "No Little Plans"! The folks at Community Foundations of Canada do great work on many different fronts and this podcast is just one example so I hope more folks in the US listen in. The roughly 30-min format is easier to consume than many of the longer shows I follow.

I can't give a personal reference for either but I know that both Social Venture Partners and Stanford Social Innovation Review have podcasts that receive good reviews.

• Hi @CelesteCarlson! Yes! You can bookmark the thread by clicking the star on the upper right of the original post.

You can also follow groups by going to your profile and Edit Profile. Scroll down to the list of categories and select if you’d like to receive an email and/or popup for new posts and/or comments from each! I definitely recommend doing this for the groups you want to follow closely!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Kara

Community Manager

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

@KaraAdams Thank you...I saw the star and marked it...And then I saw the post about following certain groups and I already updated my preferences!

• DarenNordhagenDarenNordhagen Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Beer Expert Photogenic First Compass Anniversary Summit 2022

Forgot about this one. I'm not a regular listener but have downloaded a few episodes when I knew the guest that was being interviewed.

• LisaDiehlLisaDiehl Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    Combo Breaker Beer Expert First Compass Anniversary First Comment

@DonnaZiegler

Following this post!

• MaureenJohannigmanMaureenJohannigman Posts: 2
    edited December 2020

Hi all!

Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd. is excited to present our new podcast, "Philanthropy in the New Normal." This limited series looks at how philanthropy has been impacted by the events of 2020. We've produced 3 episodes so far including interviews with our clients and Foundant users! New episodes coming monthly. We hope you'll tune in and subscribe on the podcast app of your choosing. We'd love your feedback! stratphilanthropy.com

• HeatherFustHeatherFust Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Summit 2022 Foundant Team Member

@MaureenJohannigman I've been listening to Philanthropy in the New Normal and am enjoying it. I really liked the most recent episode that you facilitated where you discussed generational shifts.

• KentWeimerKentWeimer Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Comment First Answer

Here is a great podcast.

Charitable Chit Chat with Cathy & Claire

https://charitablechitchat.com/f/introducing-charitable-chit-chat-with-cathy-claire-1

Cathy and Claire are long time professional colleagues and personal friends. They are thought leaders in philanthropy. You can listen on the website above or on Spotify.

Enjoy!

Kent

• @HeatherFust Thanks so much Heather!