What do you love best about your team?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2020 in Introductions

What do you love best about your Community Foundation team?

Comments

• MeghanWarrickMeghanWarrick Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes Photogenic First Compass Anniversary Certified Public Accountant

Hi Crystal! I love how supportive our team is. Not only during this wildly unusual time in history, but through hurricanes, the shooting at Pulse Nightclub, when we have babies, lose a family member, buy a house, whatever - we are here to help one another.

• LornaSandbergLornaSandberg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Compass Anniversary First Answer

Hi @MeghanWarrick - that's exactly how I feel! I've only been with my organization for a short time, but I work with some incredible folks. Very caring and Wow! A wealth of knowledge an ability😊.

Lorna Sandberg

Director of Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship

(306) 527-7630 (cell)

(306) 751-4751 (work)

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

@LornaSandberg and @MeghanWarrick I agree with you, as well. I have worked in different areas of the nonprofit sector since high school and didn't find "home" until almost 8 years ago when I was hired to work at my local community foundation. I have a Director who demonstrates that family is important and encourages her staff to make time for family. There is grace and understanding, empathy, laughter, shared tears and so much more. The people I work with in the office make my job enjoyable - and this working from home scenario very challenging because I would rather be AT work!

• JennieGeisheimerJennieGeisheimer Posts: 20 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

The entire team at our community foundation is always willing to pitch in and help. We created a Regional Response Fund with United Way with a goal of $5 million and received $7+ and the majority of that has been distributed to over 200 nonprofits. Our team works together to get things done.