Disaster Response Resources (not COVID-specific)
Here are several written resources
- How Community Foundations Can Coordinate Responses to Disasters
- Creating order from Chaos: Roles for Philanthropy in Disaster Planning and Response.
- Disaster Philanthropy Playbook
- Council of Foundations Disaster resources
The Lifecycle of Disaster Philanthropy. The panelists in this webinar (listed below) are all Foundant clients. The webinar covers both immediate response & managing long-term community needs.
- @BethStipe – Executive Director, Community Foundation of North Central Washington – Discusses what immediate response looked like, and the lasting impact and additional work involved with disaster philanthropy.
- @MarkBrewer – President/CEO, Central Florida Foundation – will discuss partnering with private donors and private foundations in response to not only natural disasters, but crises such as the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Florida.
- Lynsie Laughlin -- Discusses responding to Hurricane Harvey in Dallas while a Grants Officer at The Dallas Foundation in 2017. Lynsie is now a part of the Foundant team! @LynsieLaughlin: Are there any best practices or lessons learned you would like to share about working with corporations to provide assistance for areas impacted?
Tracy Larimer | Foundant| Bozeman, MT | she / her / hers |