Welcome to the Canadian Regional Discussion Group in Compass!

TracyLarimerTracyLarimer Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
edited November 2022 in Regional Chats

Hello! We have plenty of friends from Canada join-in on Foundant's sector education events like Coffee Talks and webinars.

We would love to make this a meeting place for you to share ideas and ask questions of one another. Please join-in and introduce yourself, or just go ahead and post a question or idea here if you have one!

Tracy Larimer | Foundant| Bozeman, MT | she / her / hers |

Tagged:

Comments

• LornaSandbergLornaSandberg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Compass Anniversary First Answer

Hello! I'm Donor Services Administrator for the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation in Regina, SK. I hope everyone is doing well. We use CSuite and the GLM. We just started using the Donor Portal and are looking at launching the Grant Catalog. I look forward to being able to connect with everyone on Compass. Thank you for the opportunity 😀!

Lorna Sandberg

Director of Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship

(306) 527-7630 (cell)

(306) 751-4751 (work)

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

• TracyLarimerTracyLarimer Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Thanks so much for being a part of the community @LornaSandberg ! Also I love your profile picture! You definitely deserve the dog-person badge.

An idea as you expand your online giving options: @StuartReid at Community Foundation Grey Bruce had a really insightful take on generational differences in giving styles - see below. I love this idea of meeting new donors where they are (ie: often on phone screens).

• LornaSandbergLornaSandberg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Compass Anniversary First Answer

So true! I've done a couple of Donor Portal orientations by Zoom - it's worked well! For some, it's not their thing, but for others, it is the preferred way.

Lorna Sandberg

Director of Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship

(306) 527-7630 (cell)

(306) 751-4751 (work)

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

• WendyNeufeldWendyNeufeld Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Compass Anniversary

Hi

I am the ED at the Abbotsford Community Foundation and we are moving to CSuite as we speak. Going through the data migration process at the moment which is proving to be challenging. We also purchased the scholarship module as we have over 300 scholarships every year to manage.

Welcome to the Canadian regional group, @WendyNeufeld ! We are happy to have you here. Just let us know if we can help with the shift, even if it is for moral support during the transition.

For now here is a brand new announcement that Community Foundations of Canada made about a join effort focused on the environment which is a pretty neat development:

• jessbarriejessbarrie Posts: 7 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes CSuite Canada

Hello - my name is Jessica, I'm with the Guelph Community Foundation. We are now on GLM and migrating to CSuite later this fall. We used Foundant to support our work with ECSF, and it was an incredible learning opportunity to understand the reporting features. We look forward to learning from other Foundations that have migrated from Income Manager over to CSuite - as Wendy mentions, it is not easy!

• RhondaThomsonRhondaThomson Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Combo Breaker First Answer 5-Year Anniversary

Hi! I'm Rhonda from the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta. My office is in Grande Prairie Alberta. We have been using GLM since 2018 and started with CSUITE in July of 2020. We have migrated from Income Manager. Our contract bookkeeper has done an amazing job at getting our data over to CSUITE and helping make the transition for us easier. The Foundant team is amazing at helping us with whatever we neeed help with!

• jessbarriejessbarrie Posts: 7 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes CSuite Canada

Hi Rhonda,

Nice to meet you! Are you okay if I share your information with our Financial Administrator Beth Ann? It would be great for us to chat with your bookkeeper - we have a few questions around using CSuite with Canadahelps. We are hoping to go live with CSuite in November.

Thanks,

Jessica.

• RhondaThomsonRhondaThomson Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Combo Breaker First Answer 5-Year Anniversary

Yes Jessica, definitely. We use Canada Helps as well and have figured out a system in our office. I do some of the entries for this and may be able to help. I am working from home today but will be in the office all next week.

Hello to all! I noticed a Canadian grantmaker posted a question about fees charged to run another organization's grant program.

If you have input or ideas (or are also interested in answers!) please click on the link below to share.

• emilyszewczykemilyszewczyk Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Summit 2024 5 Likes U.S.A.

Hello to the Canadian Regional Discussion Group!

We are coming to Buffalo, New York, August 7-8 for a Regional Training! I realize for some of you this might not be considered "regional" but I hope those of you close to the New York border can make it!

This is a two-day event where you’ll enjoy hands-on training with Foundant’s expert trainers, dedicated time to ask questions and implement what you learn, and an opportunity to network with your peers in philanthropy. You can expect to expand your product knowledge of Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM), Scholarship Lifecycle Manger (SLM), and CommunitySuite

Details of the exact location will be announced soon! If you have any further questions please reach out to me at emily.szewczyk@foundant.com.

We hope to see you there!