Compass is a resource for anyone who works in or supports the philanthropic sector. Invite a friend or colleague to join the conversation, and add the Referral Badge to your profile!
Phoenixville Community Health Foundation is hiring a Program Officer
The Phoenixville Community Health Foundation (www.pchf1.org) seeks a self-starter to become its Program Officer. The Foundation aims to improve the health and quality of life for people in the greater Phoenixville region by increasing access to quality healthcare services and promoting healthy communities through grantmaking and collaboration with health, civic, business, and community partners. As a member of a three-person staff, the Program Officer will 1) work collaboratively with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors on the Foundation’s grantmaking, 2) lead its capacity building and other programs, and 3) spearhead its communication efforts. This full-time position reports to the President & CEO.
· Administers, in collaboration with President & CEO, the Foundation’s annual grant cycle including reviewing grant applications, conducting due diligence, writing recommendations for the Board of Directors, monitoring progress of grants, conducting site visits, and reviewing grant reports
· Responds to inquiries and requests for feedback, prepares and sends grant award letters, grant agreements, and other related correspondence
· Manages and administers mini grants and Youth & Philanthropy program
· Manages the online grants portal, including creating grant application and review forms and working collaboratively with Director of Finance and Operations on reporting
· Stays up to date on philanthropic and nonprofit trends
· Directs scholarship programs and Champions of the Community awards, including soliciting applications, recruiting selection committee, facilitating the decision-making process, and corresponding with stakeholders and nominees
· Conducts research with wide variety of stakeholders to identify potential capacity building needs of the regional nonprofit community
· Works with President & CEO and Board of Directors to develop, launch, and manage capacity building workshops, seminars, webinars, and other programs
· Plans and manages periodic events and convenings
· Represents Foundation at community meetings and events locally and regionally which may include some evenings and weekends
· Develops and executes the Foundation’s communications strategy
· Creates and disseminates content via the website, social media, newsletter, and other platforms, consistent with the Foundation’s voice and brand
· Works with vendor to ensure website is updated frequently with dynamic content
· Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of user engagement on Foundation’s website and social media platforms and makes recommendations for improvement
· Stays up to date on social media best practices and trends and identifies new communications channels and opportunities
Qualifications and Attributes
· Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years of equivalent and relevant work experience
· Knowledge of nonprofits, health and human service field, and greater Phoenixville area
· Previous grantmaking experience a plus, but not required
· Able to build trusting relationships with racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities; community organizing experience a plus
· Good communication skills including listening, conducting presentations, and excellent writing skills; experience managing multiple social media platforms
· Proven track record of taking a project from idea stage through execution
· Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
· Creative and critical thinking skills and a sense of curiosity
· Willingness to ask difficult questions and challenge assumptions
· Able to have difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to complete multiple projects on deadline and maintain a sense of humor
· Proficient using Microsoft Office products; experience with Foundant or other grantmaking software experience a plus
· Sound judgement, a strong ethical core, and able to maintain confidentiality
The salary for this position ranges from $65,000 – $75,000, depending upon experience. The Foundation offers a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health, dental, and vision care; retirement plan with an opportunity for matching contributions; and holidays and paid time off. Our Foundation is committed to the growth and development of our employees in a highly collaborative, creative, and high-performing work environment.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Phone interviews will be conducted with those applicants under further consideration. A writing sample may be requested. All applicants will be notified of their status.
The Phoenixville Community Health Foundation is committed to the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, veteran or military status, familial status, disability, and any other characteristic protected by law. People of color and those with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.