Options

Negative Spendable Balance after posting grants and scholarships

Hi everyone,

Our foundation has recently discovered that we are having some grants and scholarships post thru the system without flagging us that the spendable balance will go negative.

It is not consistent and we have tried various scenarios to reproduce the problem. We've reached out to support and it has been escalated to the engineers but just wondering if there are any other foundations out there with the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Comments

• Options
    MikePuccioMikePuccio Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Beer Expert Combo Breaker U.S.A. 5 Likes

Hello Christine,

Did you ever hear back from support on this?

I have been doing some testing, and the only way I can get this to break as you described is if the Override Balance Check flag is set to Y on the fund.

Enabling this option will bypass the fund balance, spendable balance, and available cash checks that are run by the system when a user posts grants, scholarships, and vouchers. As these system checks are bypassed, users will no longer see the related warning message that the fund doesn't have enough balance to cover the transaction.

All other tests correctly prevented the scholarship from being posted unless I overrode the balance check manually.

Powerful Tuesday Fund does not have enough available cash to cover this scholarship.

OK, override balance check anyway

I hope this helps a bit.

Mike Puccio | Apiscommunityconsulting@gmail.com | 360-298-8881