Chief Executive and Operating Officer - Come Join our Team!!
Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation in Mt. Pleasant, MI is seeking an accomplished, innovative, articulate professional to serve as chief executive/operating officer to lead and manage the Foundation’s continued growth. Isabella County residency or willingness to relocate to Isabella County is preferred.
The Foundation: Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation (MPACF) serves as a focal point for philanthropy in Isabella County, Michigan. The mission of MPACF is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Isabella County, now and for generations to come, by attracting and holding permanent endowed funds from a wide range of donors, addressing needs through grant making and providing leadership on key community issues.
At the end of 2021, Foundation assets exceeded $30Million and more than $10Million in grants and scholarships have been awarded since its founding in 1990. The Foundation awards grants to charitable nonprofit organizations, schools and units of government involved in human services, cultural arts, education, recreational activities, environmental issues, and civic affairs. The Foundation has a professional staff of four, a twenty-four-member board of trustees and eight standing committees.
Position Summary: The Chief Executive and Operating Officer (CEO/COO) is hired by the Board of Trustees and is responsible for providing professional leadership to the Board of Trustees and staff in furthering the mission and goals of the Foundation. The CEO/COO is responsible for administration of the Foundation within the bylaws and policies established by the Board of Trustees. The CEO/COO is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the Foundation’s work including asset development and philanthropic services, grantmaking and program services, financial management, public and community relations, and the systems to support these activities. The CEO/COO must be a leader and manager adept at balancing internal management with external impact and visibility.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record in identifying, cultivation and securing significant gifts
- Passion for philanthropy and fundraising
- Strong financial background with proven experience with budgets
- Ability to engage the Board and manage staff in addressing strategic, operational and program matters
- Ability to maintain and monitor compliance with the articles of incorporation, bylaws and policies and procedures of the MPACF and with local, state, and federal laws as well as National Standards for Community Foundations
- Oversee all grant making and compliance
- Ability to build relationships and strategic partnerships with donors, professional advisors, and community leaders
- Proven success in managing and leading a team
- Computer competency and experience with fundraising databases or similar
- Ability to work with a wide range of constituents and balance donor goals with foundation goals
$85,000-$110,000 commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes health and life insurance, disability, retirement, paid vacation and more.
A full job description is available on our website. Position will remain open until filled. The Foundation reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified. For best consideration, please submit application materials before Monday, January 30, 2023. Send cover letter, resume and list of references to: CEO Search Committee c/o Marcie Otteman, Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation, P. O. Box 1283, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-1283 or [email protected]
MPACF is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, marital status, national origin, veteran, handicap, which does not interfere with the ability to perform job requirements, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State and local laws.