Options

Procedure for updating fund record in the event of death of advisor(s) or other life-changing event

SallyHermannSallyHermann Posts: 31 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
edited May 2023 in Fund Development

Hello,

Would you be willing to share your process/procedure on how you document and update aspects to a fund record, in the event of fund advisor(s) death, divorce, or any other life-changing event?

Thank you!

Sally Hermann

St. Croix Valley Foundation

Best Answer

• Options
    andriabakerandriabaker Posts: 30 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi Sally, the procedure we use is that i will update the profile for the deceased donor (if the donor is the advisor) and make it an estate profile. if its a divorce and the donor requests the spouse to be removed (while inserting a note for the request), we remove. if the spouse also gave individually and has a separate profile, i remove the link from the household and keep the individual for the spouse. the relationship is updated as well and contact info. Hope this helps, thanks bunches

Answers

• Options
    andriabakerandriabaker Posts: 30 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi Sally, the procedure we use is that i will update the profile for the deceased donor (if the donor is the advisor) and make it an estate profile. if its a divorce and the donor requests the spouse to be removed (while inserting a note for the request), we remove. if the spouse also gave individually and has a separate profile, i remove the link from the household and keep the individual for the spouse. the relationship is updated as well and contact info. Hope this helps, thanks bunches