Hello from Delaware!

KellySheridanKellySheridan Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
Regional Training Photogenic U.S.A. 5 Likes

Hello Compass world!

I am the Scholarship Administrator for the Delaware Community Foundation; I am located in southern Delaware in a small town called Georgetown, while our HQ is in Wilmington.

We are a staff of 15 doing great things to address Covid-19 and help our state NPOs through the crisis. Just finished our scholarship award cycle, and am looking forward to hearing what others are doing.

Comments

• Glad you're here @KellySheridan! I can't wait to hear more about your experience!

Kara

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• HeidiFindlayHeidiFindlay Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic First Compass Anniversary 5 Agrees
    edited May 2020

Hello! I am the Grants Manager for the Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation, located in Winter Park, Florida, right next door to Orlando and everything you think about when you're not social distance-worried - theme parks, sunshine, beaches, water activities, alligators....

There are five of us at the Foundation, and we've been here the whole time. This is my first Grants Manager role, and I had the responsibility to contact about three dozen of our past grantees involved in social services to assess their response to the stay-at-home executive orders and the resulting community needs, and then make recommendations based on the emergency funds available and the needs presented. Stressful, rewarding, confusing, mind-boggling, and educational. Great people are out there doing great work. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Thank you for reminding me that Compass is up and running!