Seeking Accountant for North Dakota Community Foundation
· The employer is a growing nonprofit organization with annual revenues in the tens of millions of dollars.
· The Accountant plays a key role in implementing administrative systems that support the mission and growth of the nonprofit organization.
· The nonprofit organization is committed to offering a good work life balance and to career growth and promoting continuing education for employees.
· Compensation is competitive with the market and the position offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including retirement, medical, vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and generous vacation and sick leave.
· The Accountant is a key member of the staff and is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, records management, and general business administration functions.
· This is a permanent full-time position in Bismarck, ND working in a typical office environment.
· The Foundation’s integrated system is FOUNDANT Technologies.
· This Accountant reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
· Enter data, balance, and maintain the state-of-the art integrated accounting system
· Process and account for daily financial activity
· Process accounts payable invoices and payroll
· Reconcile bank accounts
· Record activity and reconcile investment pool accounts monthly
· Perform periodic account analysis and reconciliation
· Prepare internal reports and assist in the budgeting process
· Preparation of the annual IRS form 990
· Prepare data and work with external auditors for the annual certified financial audit
· Assist with managing the aspects of Human Resources/Personnel functions
· Process daily gifts
· Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of all data
· Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
· Document, analyze and monitor internal processes
· Help to maintain a safe and secure working environment
· Other duties and special projects as assigned
· Must be able to maintain the highest level of integrity and meet bonding standards
· Must be extremely accurate and precise while handling multiple tasks
· Must be proficient with Excel, Word & Outlook. some advanced excel functions (vlookups & sumif)
· Must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and their impact on financial statements
· Must have strong organizational & technical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills
· Bachelor Accounting Degree required, CPA preferred
· Experience in financial statement preparation
This position is available to begin immediately and will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified and accepts the position. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Email as an attachment a cover letter with salary requirements & a resume/CV to [email protected]