Compass is a resource for anyone who works in or supports the philanthropic sector. Invite a friend or colleague to join the conversation, and add the Referral Badge to your profile!
Looking for how to's and tips re beginning Professional Advisor engagement
We are looking for ideas, and resource samples - if you are willing, regarding Professional Advisor engagement.
We don't have a formal "program" but would like to begin reaching out to Advisors to form partnerships. Can you share any info re the below? Your answer may fit in several of questions - just posing the questions as a discussion starter:
- strategies you have used to get the first meeting - what has worked the best and what does the first meeting look like?
- what benefits you offer them, beyond knowledge of community needs/expertise in funds/gifting?
- do you have a formal network/council group, and if so, how does that operate? was it a matter of organic growth into a network or did you start with a network in mind?
- do you plan specific activities for them?
- do you have new or unique materials you share with them?
- do you have them listed in your website, and, if so, how do you decide who goes on?
- what are your best tips for starting on this journey?
- what do you wish you knew before you started engaging professional advisors?
- what has been your biggest hurdle in engaging professional advisors (and how you have overcame it, if you have)?
Donor Services Administrator
(306) 527-7630 (cell)
(306) 751-4751 (work)
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.