HTML Editor Suggestions Please

We are going to launch a grant catalogue to our Fund Advisors next week and when I look at our finished product in Draft the font of the project descriptions is huge.

I've been playing around with an HTML Editor (https://html-online.com/editor/) but the font sizes are fairly limited and I've only been able to shrink the text to the point where it's too small and likely to get complaints from our older users.

Does anyone have an editor that they swear by?

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

• MaximilianEyleMaximilianEyle Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 5-Year Anniversary First Compass Anniversary Summit 2022
    Answer ✓

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for clarifying. I think you'll find SublimeText will be a helpful editor, but you will still need to look up the necessary coding tricks elsewhere. For your design purposes, I would definitely consider checking out Canva. I often blend designs and infographics I make there with regular webpage text to create a more visually interesting page. I've also used it for reports, brochures, promotions, and all kinds of graphic media.

Best of luck!

Max

Answers

edited May 2021

Hi @MichelleCollins,

I'd be happy to share some resources that I have found helpful. Before I do that, however, I'm curious to ask more about exactly how this grant catalogue will be published? Are you building it in HTML so it can be put on your website?

If so, I generally recommend using a module based website builder like Divi or Elementor (for WordPress) but that can be a big switch and means moving the whole website over. If you do really just want an HTML editor, I usually use SublimeText for my coding needs. On the other hand, if you are looking to make a printable, image, or pdf based final product - Canva is an incredible design too which I use often.

I hope that is helpful. If you share some more info about the details of your project, I would be happy to give you a more specific response.

Best of luck!

Maximilian Eyle

• MichelleCollinsMichelleCollins Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2021

Hi @MaximilianEyle,

I am building the catalogue in CommunitySuite. The HTML is being used in the Headers and Project Descriptions. Once the catalogue is complete we use the weblink provided by CSuite to display on our website.

My HTML skills are fairly basic and I leave the webpage building to our Communications team. However, I've attended a few Foundant webinars this year where the facilitators have done some really nice things with HTML and I'd like to incorporate these learnings in our own work for Fund Advisors and other donors. This catalogue is the first time I've done more than a simple paragraph break and I grabbed coding tricks from various Google searches. It would be nice to find a one stop shop.

I'll check out SublimeText. Thanks for suggesting it!

Michelle

Answer ✓

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for clarifying. I think you'll find SublimeText will be a helpful editor, but you will still need to look up the necessary coding tricks elsewhere. For your design purposes, I would definitely consider checking out Canva. I often blend designs and infographics I make there with regular webpage text to create a more visually interesting page. I've also used it for reports, brochures, promotions, and all kinds of graphic media.

Best of luck!

Max

• KevinVahlbuschKevinVahlbusch Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    Regional Training First Compass Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Hi @MichelleCollins

I like W3 Schools editor as you have the opportunity to run the HMTL in preview and after getting the desired results you can copy/paste the code into the appropriate sections of the grant catalog edit menu.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_styles.asp

• hankdrewhankdrew Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    5 Up Votes First Compass Anniversary Beer Expert First Comment

I generally use this for quick and dirty online.