Are you responsible for getting grant agreements back to the funder?

DianeDemarestDianeDemarest Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes
edited December 2022 in Grant Writing & Management

This task of signing off on grant agreements continues to be kind of muddy at my org. Drives me crazy. A recent awarded grant had 4 forms they wanted completed. 2 were clearly fiscal in nature, 2 were to be signed by AOR with 8 spots for her initials. The forms were on a merry-go-round from me to fiscal to the PI on the grant. Working remotely means everything is moving around through email. I used to run down the hall!

Any advice to keep this in check?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• StephanyHesslerStephanyHessler Posts: 6 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment First Compass Anniversary Photogenic

Diane, are they signing the documents within a PDF?

If so, could you send to one person first, then re-save that document, send to the next person? I typically have to do the one person at a time routine on online / pdf contract signatures.

Stephany Hessler

Grant Management Professional

Experience in: Grant research, writing, donor cultivation. Securing private, corporate and federal funding.

• DianeDemarestDianeDemarest Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

Most of the time, yes, they are pdfs. i'll try this and see if it works. thanks for your response!!

• StephanyHesslerStephanyHessler Posts: 6 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment First Compass Anniversary Photogenic

Let me know how you make out. I will say, a lot of times I send the PDF to leadership/PI to review - either a pdf email or on paper - and tell them if they are good with it to let me know and I'll add their signatures in on the PDF - since I have their signatures to do that.

Stephany Hessler

Grant Management Professional

Experience in: Grant research, writing, donor cultivation. Securing private, corporate and federal funding.

• SaraCulpSaraCulp Posts: 2
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Conversation Starter

We have been using hellosign to collect electronic signatures on agreements and other forms. It gives you the ability to select where on the document an initial, signature, or date should appear and then an audit trail showing when signatures were added is attached to the completed document. You can also choose an order or simultaneous invite for multiple signers on one file.