Options

Evaluation process

This is Kelly in Iowa, Mary Greeley Foundation. New to grant writing here!

There is a section for Evaluation process in my proposal and we would use the funds granted for equipment, so how would someone answer this one, when it is not really a program to evaluate?

Best Answers

• Options
    DianeDemarestDianeDemarest Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

@KellyBergquist - You could just include some process evaluation such as:

1) fully researched equipment that will best meet the described needs

2) purchase equipment by July xxx

3) install equipment by August xxx

4) Sample staff with short survey or interviews (if they are using equipment) to determine any training needs and appropriate use of equipment

something like that. it depends on what type of equipment you are purchasing.

• Options
    Answer ✓

I worked with an NICU for many years :) I was thinking about this after I wrote in and with equipment are you just replacing old equipment or affording a new way or better way to do things? You make take the approach of evaluating how the new equipment saves time, is more efficient or gets better outcomes. Even if its just a simple survey with staff using the equipment.

best of luck!

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

@KellyBergquist - You could just include some process evaluation such as:

1) fully researched equipment that will best meet the described needs

2) purchase equipment by July xxx

3) install equipment by August xxx

4) Sample staff with short survey or interviews (if they are using equipment) to determine any training needs and appropriate use of equipment

something like that. it depends on what type of equipment you are purchasing.

• Options
    KellyBergquistKellyBergquist Posts: 3
    Photogenic Conversation Starter
    edited March 2021

@DianeDemarest thank you! It's a start for me. It will be NICU equipment.

• Options
    Answer ✓

I worked with an NICU for many years :) I was thinking about this after I wrote in and with equipment are you just replacing old equipment or affording a new way or better way to do things? You make take the approach of evaluating how the new equipment saves time, is more efficient or gets better outcomes. Even if its just a simple survey with staff using the equipment.

best of luck!

• Options
    KellyBergquistKellyBergquist Posts: 3
    Photogenic Conversation Starter

@DianeDemarest We are replacing old equipment and bringing in more up to date technology as well, to equip all rooms with NICU capacity. Definitely a new model of care that will afford a more efficient use of time and space. Thank you!

• Options

If there is a way that you can capture data on those changes then I would go with that. it might be as simple as capturing the capacity change. good luck!