Fund Advisor Portal, Nonprofit Directory, Grant Catalog

MichelleHamilMichelleHamil Posts: 2
Conversation Starter

Hello!

We are looking for other community foundations who are currently using the Fund Advisor Portal, Nonprofit Directory, and/or the Grant Catalog. Would you mind sharing your experiences? How are you using them? What is your experience with implementation? What features do you like the best? Share your experiences here or email me. Thanks for your help!

Michelle (info@placercf.org), Philanthropic Services Associate, Placer Community Foundation

Comments

• GrettaKrausGrettaKraus Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    World Traveler Second Compass Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments

Hi @MichelleHamil!

Commenting here to boost this discussion!

Also - if you check out the "#grantcatalog" hashtag, there are a few posts with others talking about their expereince.

This post and this post might be helpful for you (-:

-Gretta, Compass Intern

• MandiOlsonMandiOlson Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    Conversation Starter 25 Likes Second Compass Anniversary 10 Comments

We are a small CF, 1 FTE, 2 PTE - I am the finance director and database manager. It's hard for us to use and implement all the extra public facing tools that CSuite offers. We do use the Fund Portal - the information we enter obviously updates in the portal automatically. We post quarterly fund statements in the portal and we "share" the original agreement in the files area. We use the original version (not the one with the charts and graphs). We don't have high usage of the portal - mostly because our fund advisors are older and probably don't care for it. We encourage them to get set up with it but rarely get anyone who inquires about it. We like to give a 10-minute tutorial to the fund advisor so they understand the portal. Cons - because things are live, every once in a while I post something that I have to unpost due to a mistake and that is all live/available to the advisor. Some are set up to get notified when a donation is posted, for example - so if I have to update the date on the donation after I posted, they get 2 emails and it appears like they got 2 donations. I don't make mistakes very often but it does happen. The portal does not show admin fees, revenue share or STRIPE fees so the advisor (if they are closely reviewing income) may question the fund balance. They have to refer to their fund statement for those expenses. Pros - all of their fund statements are in one place.. they can do some exports for mailing lists and what not.

• LyndseyThompsonLyndseyThompson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    Music Fan Second Compass Anniversary 10 Comments Regional Training

@EliseGrisoni @LindseyLinzer @MeganDonovan Thought I'd connect you all here as well since Michelle is looking for grant catalog feedback. 📝

@MichelleHamil You may want to connect with @JenniferOwens on One Valley's nonprofit directory and new site styles. They look great! https://bacf.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list/directory 😎

Lyndsey Thompson

Client Success Consultant | CommunitySuite |success@foundant.com| Foundant Technologies