Thoughts/concerns about attending a virtual training event instead of live training event

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
5 Likes First Compass Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Industry Events

As we look at new ways of providing training, what are your thoughts or concerns about attending a 2-day training event like You Fly, We Buy or regional User Group via Zoom.

Comments

• janblohmjanblohm Posts: 3
    5 Likes First Compass Anniversary Conversation Starter

If there are ways to see the training event through a video conference, that would work for me--it's tough getting out of the office.

Jan Blohm

Executive Director

Clinton County Foundation

Wilmington, OH 45177

• GregProbstGregProbst Posts: 9 ✭✭
    5-Year Anniversary First Compass Anniversary Summit 2022 5 Likes

I can see incredible value to this especially if the essence of the group back and forth is something that can still exist.

• LornaSandbergLornaSandberg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Compass Anniversary First Answer

Absolutely! Virtual training can work well and keeps us up to date with knowledge.

Lorna Sandberg

Director of Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship

(306) 527-7630 (cell)

(306) 751-4751 (work)

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

I would love to utilize this type of training! Sometimes hearing tips from other users in the system is so helpful - they answer questions I didn't know I had! Getting away isn't always a feasible option, so virtual offerings would be welcommed.

• KathyWhitlowKathyWhitlow Posts: 11 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic First Answer

Love it, anything to increase knowledge is appreciated! Perhaps find a way to incorporate dedicated one-on-one time with experts to ask specific questions related to the training topics they've presented like you do each day in YFWB (using the CF's data)? Sometimes it's hard to follow up on things we've heard with our CSM or someone who presented at YFWB once we're home and busy with day-to-day work. It would be nice to have some time "outside" of work to do this, even if the training is virtual! Suggest breaking it up into 3-1/2 day virtual sessions (a full day zoom meeting is rough).

• CelesteCarlsonCelesteCarlson Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment 5-Year Anniversary Photogenic

@KathyWhitlow I like your suggestions! You're right...working with someone at the same time we learn of a new feature would be fabulous