How are we celebrating awardees in 2020 (since events can't be the answer)?

AlyseBraatenAlyseBraaten Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
Regional Training First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

On today's coffee talk we had some great ideas surface around ways to celebrate our scholarship students in the current circumstances. We heard:

• Video exchanges between donors and students.
  • Newspaper ads/articles with student photos.
  • Yard Signs "I am a xyz scholarship recipient!" ( I personally think this sounds super fun!)

What other ideas do you have? How will we show the class of 2020 that we believe in them?

Alyse Braaten | Manager of Client Services – Grants & Scholarships | www.foundant.com | Bozeman, MT

alyse.braaten@foundant.com | Direct: 406.922.3376 | Cell: 661.364.1012

Tagged:

Comments

• TracyLarimerTracyLarimer Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment First Answer

My son's ski team did a compilation video for their graduating seniors and another that was the overall team video. It was mostly still-photos scrolling through and set to music. This was graduation, not a scholarship, but the same process could apply:

One of the team athletes had the skill-set and time to volunteer the work of putting it together. Parents and students were asked to send their pictures and videos to a shared google folder (or by email or text). They had to track down a few parents/students to nudge them to share but overall the participation was really good and the end-result was too! 🎿

Tracy Larimer | Foundant| Bozeman, MT | she / her / hers |

• JulieLaLuzerneJulieLaLuzerne Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    Summit 2024 First Compass Anniversary 10-Year Anniversary Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)

We have awarded grants Live streaming using a local radio station and facebook. We have also used the yard signs!

• AlyseBraatenAlyseBraaten Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    Regional Training First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@JulieLLaLuzerne I love the idea to Live Stream some awards! Can you describe your plans for that a little more?

Alyse Braaten | Manager of Client Services – Grants & Scholarships | www.foundant.com | Bozeman, MT

alyse.braaten@foundant.com | Direct: 406.922.3376 | Cell: 661.364.1012

• BettieStammerjohnBettieStammerjohn Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes Photogenic 5 Insightfuls

@JulieLLaLuzerne l would love to hear more about the Live Stream awards also!

Thanks

Bettie

Community Foundation of Greene CountyPA

Bettie Stammerjohn

Executive Director

Community Foundation of Greene County, Pennsylvania