Best Practices: Closing out a grant/changing decision status

How do you handle/close out a grant award to an organization that is rescinded because the organization failed to complete necessary follow ups (sign grant agreement, complete a past due final report) by required deadline? They still need to complete any past over due final reports to apply in the future but how do we handle the current grant that is in the system with a follow up/final report and grant agreement assigned that is no longer needed. I changed the award amount to $0 under decisions but not sure what is the Best Practice. Thanks for you help!

Anisa Raoof

AshleyHarperClaraCrinkey

Comments

• Hi Anisa. Wondering if you received any feedback or what you ended up doing. We have a grantee that never returned the grant agreement and is no longer interested in receiving the funds. Thought I'd check here to see if there's a best practice before continuing. Thanks!

ClaraCrinkey
  • We ended up changing award amount to $0. Deleting follow ups (final report and grant agreement) and then making a note under comments (as suggested by Foundant) so we have a permanent record of this. We also attached PDFs of emails under documents so we had a historical record of our correspondence with applicant. After that was done, I “closed” the request to file it and remove it from the dashboard of open requests.

Foundant suggested that if we want it to be hidden from the applicant history, go to the Request Summary page, click Advanced Options, and select Hide. Otherwise, once closed, it will be in the Historical Requests at $0. I chose not to hide it since we wanted them to have evidence of this history.

Anisa Raoof

ClaraCrinkey