COFFEE TALK | Ending the Year in Style | Wednesday, December 7, 10:00 am MT | REGISTER

Example Language from #FixtheForm Expert Training Webinar

ElsieThomsonElsieThomson Posts: 15
Outdoorsy Second Compass Anniversary 25 Likes Photogenic
✭✭✭
edited January 26 in Grants & Scholarships

Hi all,

Thanks so much for those of you who joined us on the GLM Expert Training Webinar yesterday in which we went through how to implement the #FixtheForm Checklist in your GLM site.

There was lots of interest in the sample form we demoed during the webinar. If you would like to borrow some of the language in that form, please feel free! Here it is:

As well as here is a copy of the checklist:

We'd love to hear from you all on other things you are doing to decrease applicant burden in your grantmaking processes. Please share them below as well as join us September 1st for a Coffee Talk on Reducing Applicant Burden.

Best,

Elsie

Tagged:
KaraAdamsLoriPerkins[Deleted User]MikedeHilsterTammyTilzeyJessicaGilmoreJoyceBrasherTiffanyWilhelmDanaJeffery

Comments

• LoriPerkinsLoriPerkins Posts: 36
    World Traveler Foundant Grant Management Certificate U.S.A. 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Hi Elsie. The Example form is great, especially the Instructions section. Thanks!

[Deleted User]
  • jessbarriejessbarrie Posts: 7
    Conversation Starter Canada Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) 5 Likes

Hi Elsie,

Can you send the link to register for the Coffee Talk on September 1st? I'd like to attend and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Jessica

• ElsieThomsonElsieThomson Posts: 15
    ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Absolutely! Here is the link to register for the Coffee Talk: https://grantmakers.foundant.com/events/grants-coffee-talk-reducing-applicant-burden/

Best,

Elsie

KaraAdamsMikedeHilster
  • IsabelEljaiekIsabelEljaiek Posts: 15
    Conversation Starter 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭

Is a recording of the webinar available?

KaraAdams
    ✭✭✭

Yes! Here is the link.

Elsie

KaraAdams
    ✭✭

Thanks @ElsieThomson. Are the instructions on the application regarding the branching taken to the full application or just for the web ready version you're recommending to make available?

KaraAdams
    ✭✭✭

If you add instructions as we advice, they will appear on all versions of the application (so in the pdf print packet of the application AND in the Public Apply preview version AND in the actual online application they complete and submit). I think this is beneficial to have these in all use cases as then you are consistently alerting folks to any hidden questions or branching logic regardless of how they are viewing the application. Does that answer your question @IsabelEljaiek ?

MikaylaValeKaraAdams
    ✭✭

It does and I very much appreciate the response @ElsieThomson .

KaraAdams
  • MonicaThornsMonicaThorns Posts: 1
    First Comment

I'm finishing up the #FixTheForm webinar now. I'd already stopped several times to "lift" language from the instructions section and was thrilled that you shared. Thanks.

TammyTilzeyKaraAdamsGrettaKraus