Scholarship Evaluator Survey

We have over 100 volunteers serving on our scholarship selection committees and would like to get their feedback on the review process. Has anyone created a survey to collect feedback from scholarship evaluators? If so, would you be willing to share your form/questions? Thank you!

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

Comments

• DeirdreMcLoughlinDeirdreMcLoughlin Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary U.S.A. First Comment 5 Likes
    edited May 2022

We have not done a survey but it has been something we are thinking of. Would like feedback too.

Has anyone surveyed their scholarship applicants?

• KatieMcConvilleKatieMcConville Posts: 10 ✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes
    edited May 2022

We send a survey to both our committee volunteers and our students (students receive an automatic email once they submit the application with a link to complete the survey. If the students complete the survey, they're entered into a $50 VISA giftcard drawing.)

I attached our committee's survey below, I also hold a roundtable in the summer to dig deeper into how we can improve the process.

For scholarship recipients, I'm inviting a few recipients into the office for a half-day workshop this summer "Scholarship Real Talk: Applications Stink" to chat with them about what they did/did not like about the app, why they applied, why their friends did/did not apply and other topics. At the end we'll make Instagram/TikTok videos I can use for promotion next year :)

• LaurieAbildsoLaurieAbildso Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Summit 2022

Thanks for sharing, @KatieMcConville! Great idea to invite recipients in for their feedback, as well. I'd be curious to know if they are able to shed light on why their peers do not apply. This is something we struggle to figure out.

I've attached a copy of the survey we sent to our evaluators this year in case others are interested.

Laurie Abildso

Vice President

Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.

• DaraGannonDaraGannon Posts: 26 ✭✭✭
    First Compass Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

These are great responses, thank you!

@KatieMcConville, would you be willing to share your survey for students? I would also be interested in hearing how the roundtable goes, great idea!