Application Questions on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

What type of questions do you include on your grant or scholarship applications to be compliant with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)?

Do you also do Bias training for evaluators?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2020

I know DEI initiatives are a priority for a lot of organizations, and also help with monitoring the ability to reach all the demographics of a community that can benefit from funding. I wonder what types of questions others include as well, as well as if they've had any feedback on the types of questions included (or not included).

Kara Adams, M.Ed., CAE (she/her/hers)|Community Manager|kara.adams@foundant.com

Headquartered: Bozeman, MT| Remote Location: Chicago, IL | Direct: 312-802-1374 |www.foundant.com|

• TomWickershamTomWickersham Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment Photogenic 5 Likes

Good question. I would love to see examples of DEI compliance questions. I remember seeing samples of anti-discrimination statements a few years ago -- maybe these might help too???

• Good afternoon –

We are interested in establishing metrics and accountability measures through our grantmaking to verify and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion work advanced by our grantee organizations, in an effort to move our entire sector towards greater inclusion. If any grantmaking organizations have metrics for inclusion and/or representation in program content, audiences, staff and/or board, we would appreciate any details you may be able to share. Our goal is to elevate mindful and purposeful efforts for arts access and representative content and support sustained actions.

Thank you all in advance! Have a great weekend!

Tracy

• This is very helpful Laurel, thank you!